Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Needing a Gift

There is a young lady I go to church with who is a mother-to-be.  She is due in August (it's a boy!!) and her baby shower was this past Sunday.  I wanted to make her something she would LOVE instead of giving her something bought.  A couple of stipulations:  it had to look good; it had to be semi-cheap; preferably something he could wear to church.  Awesomely enough, I didn't have to look far.  One day, while I was browsing the blogs I follow, I found this AWESOME tute that included a FREE pattern!!  YAY!!  I knew when I saw it that I wanted to make some Tie Onesie's for a gift. 
She is decorating the nursery with a sports theme so the material I decided on for two of the onesie's was sports themed and the third tie I made using some CUTE blue fabric I had with orange and red stripes. 
I used the pattern and cut out my ties then sewed them onto the 3-6 month onesie's using a zig-zag stitch.  OH they came out so ADORBS and she LOVED them too!!  SCORE!!!  I absolutely LOVE making people happy and doing it with something I have made creates such a wonderful feeling inside!!  I CANNOT wait to see them on her little boy. 
While shopping for tie material I also found some really soft flannel that would make good burp clothes.  My Mammaw let me use her serger for these and recommended I use some thin pieces of cotton in between the flannel pieces, so I did!!  THANKS Mammaw!!  They too came out ADORBS!!! 
I am now looking forward to MANY more baby showers.  Boy or girl, hopefully GREAT gifts await!!
Here are some pics of the onesie's and the rags:











No comments:

Post a Comment