Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Peasant Blouse @ Prudent Baby

A while back I found another GREAT tute @ Prudent Baby.  Jamie had made her daughter an ADORABLE shirt she called the Peasant Blouse.  I IMMEDIATELY added this to my HUGE list of things I want to make for my girls. 
Jump to the present and the purchase of some ADORABLE ladybug/heart fabric for Our KK.  She LOVES ladybugs, even dressed up as one for Halloween.  I asked her if she wanted me to make her a skirt out of it and she asked me if I could make her a shirt instead.  Of course I can.  I would make anything she asked me to and LOVE the fact that she is involved with the making of her clothes.  However, I have never made a shirt before.  Dresses, check; skirts, check; shirts, ummm, no.  I remembered seeing the peasant blouse though and thought this one looked the easiest and cutest out of all the handmade shirts I had seen.  Add to that the fact that it was Prudent Baby giving the tute and I was all good for making the shirt. 
It was just as simple as I thought it would be. Another blog I "stalk" is Craftiness Is Not Optional.  She also made the Peasant Top except she added a tie at the bottom.   I LOVED this so I did it to KK's also.  This blouse is GREAT and I cannot wait to make more for my girls.  The BEST thing about KK's shirt is that it can double as a dress for Our G.  Got to LOVE that!! 
KK has not been here since her shirt was finished so I have no pics of her modeling it (YET) but here are some pics of the shirt and Our G in it:











No comments:

Post a Comment